Just Chatter

Hi ! Here it is again-over 2 weeks since I've posted. Lots has been going on around here. Last week on Tuesday I took Kayla Uses Arrow to the hospital to see her baby in the NICU. She finally got to bring her home last week. I was excited to get to go because I went shopping and got lots of bargains at my new favorite store-Once Upon a Child! (I just discovered the one in Bismarck a couple of months ago) Jordan was sick of making trips to Bismarck and offered to stay home with Brianna. She was a little angel for him and didn't even cry when I left! She knew I was taking Kayla & Adrian to the hospital and when she woke up from her nap asked Jordan if Mommy had a baby! We spent part of Wed. and all of Thursday "attending" IHC online. What a blessing it was. We really miss going! Then on Friday evening Kirk & Sara Duvall and kids came to visit from Norris, SD. They stayed until Sat. evening. We had a lot of fun and it was nice to get together with friends our age whom with we have lots in common.

Tuesday this week was my doctor's appointment-another trip to Bismarck. (Seems that is all we do anymore)
I failed my sugar test so on Thursday morning I had to be at the clinic in Mobridge at 8 for more testing. I had to get poked 4 times in 3 1/2 hrs! Wasn't too much fun for one who absolutely abhors needles. Fortunately, they put us in a family waiting room with comfy couches and a recliner and Brianna was so good. Anyhow, I passed all of the tests and DON'T have Gestational Diabetes. Thank the Lord! Who knows why I failed the first test. Then after a whole morning of starving, we grabbed some lunch, ran a few errands, tried to call on a lady who wasn't home, came home and went to our friends in town for supper. Brianna had fun playing with the kids and all of their toys.

I forgot to mention all of the requests that we have gotten in the last week. Probably between 6-10 requests for money,propane, rides to Bismarck, money, rides to McLaughlin, heaters, ride to McLaughlin to go to the grocery store on Sunday!, money for gas, money , etc. I think it totally exhausted Jordan emotionally. I make him handle most of the requests! We try to help when we can, but don't give out money and certainly can't pay for people's propane bills! We did lend a small $15 heater to a lady who ran out of propane and is very persistent in calling us. When Jordan took it to her and she saw how small it was she laughed. I was so upset. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

My friend Liz sent me a huge box of baby clothes! I was so excited-there are so many beautiful clothes and I am having so much fun getting ready for the baby. Brianna is all excited and keeps begging to see baby brother's clothes. At first she wasn't too sure about sharing her dresser and closet, but now she is excited and talks about him all the time. This morning while looking at one of her Bendon Bear books, I told her we were going to have to get more books in that series, (it shows them on the back) and she informed me that she wanted to buy one for baby brother. So sweet!

Well that's enough for now. Less than 11 weeks until he's here! Can't wait.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, finally!!! :) Just kidding--I'm not much better. Glad to hear you're alive and well!

Miss you,
Pam