Home Sweet Home

We are back from Rocky Mountain Camp and in the middle of VBS! It has been absolutely crazy around here-no time to blog. I finally got a chance for some "alone time." We had a wonderful camp and were so glad for the opportunity to go. We are tired of singing though! Brianna went to kid's church every day so that was a big help. I think we wore ourselves out! It was a looooooooong trip! Jordan came home with a fever, strep throat, and pink eye. Then I got pink eye and still have it. Thankfully, Brianna hasn't gotten it yet.

On the way home we picked up our "new" church van in Rapid City.(donated from Missoula church and fixed up by Bill Edwards) When we got about an hour and a half from home, it broke down. We were already exhausted as we had left the previous day, driven for a few hours, got a motel, up again and left early and traveled all day again. (Jordan sick and running a temp both days) Jordan messed around with it for a while, but it was dark and rainy and he couldn't tell what was going on. We tried to contact AAA but there wasn't enough cell service so we drove into town about (15 miles fortuneatly) and used a pay phone. After many trips back and forth to town-buying antifreeze, trying to get cell service, using pay phone, etc., we sat and waited along the road for 2 hours for AAA. It was 2 am. Finally, we called AAA again and they still hadn't found a truck for us and when they did it would be coming out of Mobridge- about 2 hrs away. We gave up and went home. To make a long story short, the problem was the radiator and it is now fixed and we are using it for VBS! We had 25 kids piled in on Sunday for S.S.

Laura Smith and Misty Taggart are here from NIBS for 3 weeks. Laura is doing her internship and Misty her summer outreach. (She is girl's dorm dean) They are a wonderful help around the house. I've never had my dishes done up so fast and dried and put away too! I have been longing for a dishwasher and told them that the Lord sent me 2 dishwashers! They help a lot with meals and Brianna too-take her on walks, comb her hair, get her dressed, play with her, etc. It's so nice with me slowing down and all. It seems the closer I get, the slower I move! Less than 4 weeks now! The girls think it would be so exciting if I would go into labor while they are here! Just as long as he doesn't come too early. Part of Laura's internship and Misty's outreach is to hold our Bible school. (We are actually all working together on it, but they have the hard part) Overall it is going well. We had 37 kids the first night and 33 again last night. (It felt like 50) The kids were so rowdy last night-all four of us couldn't even handle them. They just won't listen to us. Oh well, hopefully they will hear something that will stick and help them. Next week we are planning a two day thing for the Youth-getting the gym. Pray that it will all work out and some teens will come.
Must go. Will try to post some VBS pictures soon.

4 comments:

loree2000 said...

Oh my, what a nightmare. Breaking down while being sick and tired that had to be terrible. I'm glad the van is fixed now. Hopefully, it continues to be of good service for several years. Although, if you do much Reservation work, those roads sure take a lot of life out of a vehicle!

Take Care~ The last few weeks of pregnancy can be extremely cumbersome!

CALISTA said...

Wow, sounds like you guys have had quite a summer so far! Hope it gets better. =) I don't see how you have the patience for all those kids, really. I probably would have them standing in line for their turn in the corner. hee hee! Now doubt your VBS is way more fun though. Glad you survived your van experience. NOT FUN!! Miss you, hope you get through these last weeks okay.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I thought you "recovered" your camera! Where's the pics of VBS! And don't forget to take at least one more belly pic! You're almost there!

Love you, Miss you.
Pam

teacherprincess said...

Hey chickpea,

Just looking at the pix of that beautiful girl of yours. she looks just like her aunt Lori. ;-)

Miss you something terrible...

love ya