Everyone else has written about their Mother's Day and posted pictures. Well, guess what? In my state of exhaustion and desperate desire to get out of the outfit I had been wearing all day, I remembered about pictures after I had already changed! I thought of it throughout the day, but was too busy. With a bunch of rowdy kids (and precious I might add) at Sunday School, racing home to grab lunch, running back out the door to drive a half hour to Mobridge to pick up a lady for church, Worship service at 5, back to Mobridge to take Cori home, back home for a quick snack and then to Kristen's baccalaureate at 8. (7 their time) I think I'll go for a little more relaxation next year!
And if you're wondering, yes I did have a wonderful Mother's Day. Just a little too hectic for my liking! My morning was a little more relaxed and Brianna surprised me with a beautiful potted flower and cute card with a kid sitting on a potty. (very fitting) Well, she "tried" to surprise me! I was downstairs looking for something for S.S. and she came down and said, "I want you to come up and get your stuff." I asked her, "What stuff?" and she then told me about the flower and how she had drawn a picture in the card. It was so sweet.
About the potty thing, I don't know what happened, but Brianna has been doing great on the potty. (As far as wetting is concerned-I need some encouragement about the other :-( In the past week she has done great about running to the bathroom constantly it seems and keeping dry. We went to Bismarck for Dr. appt. and shopping yesterday and I was so proud of her. She stayed dry the whole way there and told us when she had to go and even used public restrooms-yuck! UNTIL..... we used an automatic flush toilet. Downhill from there. It flushed while she was on it and scared her half to death. She wouldn't go for the rest of the day. Oh well, hopefully she gets over it.
Brianna is fascinated with stethoscopes and anything that has to do with doctor. She got a dr. kit for her b-day and usually goes in with us for my appointments. The other day she put her hand on the right side of her chest and said, "My heart isn't beeping!" Of course I then had to give her another phonics lesson. Then just the other night she put her hand on my belly and said, "I felt his heart beep!"
I probably won't be posting much for a while now ( not that I have been anyhow :) because we are getting ready for the Copes to come this weekend and then we are leaving for Rocky Mountain Camp (at Northwest Indian Bible School) on Tuesday. We are supposed to do the singing, so between practicing 30 plus songs, cleaning my house for company, packing and everything else, I won't have much time for blogging. I will try to post a few pictures before we leave.
Happiness is....
14 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds like a very busy time for you! I'll try to remember to pray for you. I know how exausting being pregnant can be.
I know some Copes. Are they with Alleghany (sp?)? I don't know them personally but I met them as a teen.
Take Care, Lori R.
Thanks for the nice comments.
This is kinda funny, but David Cope and I had a small crush on each other. That was a LONG time ago! I was between 13 and 14 at the time!
My husband and I was married in an Alleghany church. Bro. Hobson was pastoring then. He is now back in Idaho. He was such a sweet man!
Take care, ~Lori
Post a Comment