What a Week!

I know it has been forever since I posted, so I will try to get caught up. We decided to have three services on Easter - a special morning service, kid's afternoon S.S. and evening worship. (We normally just have S.S. and evening service.) Jordan made flyers and we called on almost every house in the community. That was at the beginning of last week.
We found out that my Dad was going to be able to be with us on Easter. He was on his way home from a trip to Washington. So on Thursday our day consisted of running to Mobridge to make a call, picking up groceries, cleaning, packing, mopping up floods in our basement (drainage problems) finishing up all of our Easter preparations, and building a snowman! We came home to 5 inches of snow! (The most we have had yet!) Brianna was so excited that she didn't want to come in the house, so Jordan quickly built her first snowman! I will post snow & Easter pictures later.
Friday morning we left for Rapid City (Four and a half hours) to go to a Family night for "Lonely Westerners!" We spent a little time shopping and fighting the Easter crowd before the party. Then we went to Brent and Nicki Woodard's house for supper and the evening . We had a great time! There were 22 of us. There was only one family there that attends their church and only had a 15 minute drive. The rest of us ranged from 2 1/2 - 5 hrs! We left early Sat morning and got back in time to get things put away and make supper before my Dad arrived.
We had a nice visit and it was so special having family here for Easter. He was able to stay until Mon. morning. Brianna absolutely loves her Pappy and had a great time playing, getting spoiled and being read to. Sunday was busy- seemed like all we did was cook, go to church, cook, eat, go to church again,etc.
Then, after being on my feet all day and not getting my Sunday nap, (which I normally never do anyhow) we had to get up early and leave for Bismarck. (1 1/2 hrs.) Brianna had a picture appt. at 12 , I had a doctor's appt. later that day and we did our monthly shopping. Suffice it to say, I am worn out! I know it probably seems like nothing to some of you, but our lives aren't usually so hectic out here in SD !

1 comments:

Melanie C. said...

So glad your dad could be with you! Sounds like you need to take a few days and relax - what a flurry of activity! Love you! ..Morgan's one month picture is in the mail!