First Convert!

Virginia & Russell

We had our first Little Eagle Convert on Sunday morning after Bro. Marshall preached. Thank the Lord!


Russell Has Horns has been attending church for some time. His wife, Virginia attended some when the Edwards came for services and stepdaughter Kristen also came to VBS in the past. We invited them to church shortly after we moved here and they have been coming regularly since then. We have had them in our home for meals and fellowship and they have had a real desire to know God. They always have talked about spiritual things and often initiated the conversations. They began reading their Bibles and the Opening the Word devotionals. Russell quit drinking before he started coming to church and then stopped smoking just a few months ago. They have regular jobs and are an encouragement to us.


Anyway, there was an altar call but no one went. After the close of the service, everyone else left and they hung around in the entryway. (They usually leave pretty quick.) Virginia spoke up and said that he wanted to pray (he is shy). She said he wanted to "make certain that he was ready." I think she professes to be a Christian, but don’t know if she has ever actually gotten saved. Pray for her too. Then we all went back up to the altar and he prayed and said that God forgave him for his sins! We were so excited and praising the Lord. Russell seems to be doing good and he said he is. Jordan plans to try to meet with him alone hopefully weekly. He came to church on Sunday morning although he had just worked all night long (another thing to pray about). Pray for him that he will stay strong and grow spiritually.


Also, some other good news is that Kristen came home and is living in Little Eagle again. I had requested prayer for her in a previous post. She was in church on Wed. night when Marshalls were here and also Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a miracle! I'm so happy for you--I'm sure this is a year maker for you and a huge encouragement.

Mom said you had a difficult weekend, and I'll be praying for you as you minister to the hurting around you (seems like there are so many sad situations). I do think it's exciting that the community is turning to you for help (i.e. the law enforcement).

Love you,
Pam

Down Blueberry Lane said...

This is wonderful news and a big encouragement to you all I am sure.

I love the new blog look!

Nancy said...

Just wanted you to know that we are so sorry to hear of your loss. We are praying for you and your family that God would comfort you during this time.